Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

ESL teacher job in China

0 Not allowed!
    Fellas, I own the place myself and not an agent, just looking for a few good decent men, since I'm more inclined to hire our own people thought why not give it a go here. I'm more than happy to hire fresh out graduates too, we provide training as well. For privacy and security reasons some details have been hide out, if you are interested send me a message we can talk further, you will have all your questions answered by me. The following is what we offer and details:

We are looking to hire enthusiastic and dedicated teachers.
    Our school is located in one of the cleanest cities in China for air and water quality. Home to the second largest airport in the province, only an hour flight from Beijing.
    The school is aimed at concentrated English teaching, including IELTS training and corporate training. We have all foreign teaching staff with certified Chinese teaching assistants for beginner level students.
    The contract can begin immediately and is a 1 year (12 months) renewable contract.

Teachers:
    Benefits

1. Monthly salary after tax RMB 9,000.
    2. Eligible for year end performance bonus up to one month salary

3. Round-trip international airfare reimbursement

4. Reimbursement of renewal fees for Chinese work Z visa, Foreign Expert Certificate and Chinese Residence Permit if continues after a year.
    5. AIG Expat Medical Insurance Provided (Global coverage)

6. Free airport pickup and drop off and city orientation
    7. Refreshments provided in office throughout the day

Qualifications

1. Native English speaker

2. Bachelor's degree

3. Teaching certification.

4. Desire to teach and help us grow.
    5. Needs to work well with others.

Work Schedule

1. Full time employment: 20 teaching hours a week. Teaching overtime pay is RMB120 an hour, with maximum overtime capped at 5hrs.
    2. Two days off a week (not necessarily weekends)

3. Each class duration is 60 min.
    4. 7 days of paid annual leave, as well as all the national holidays.
    Last edited by capbriana; 23rd January 2015 at 01:12.
    It is what it is

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Well, if this is China, the requirements are probably more strict. If I remember when I tried to do that, being a native english speaker is not enough. You HAVE to have a passport from a country like the US, Canada, the UK, etc. Even if you speak english perfectly and as a first-language, if you don't hold a passport from one of what they consider to be english speaking countries, you are not eligible for a work visa as an english teacher (unless the laws have become less strict since I last checked around the beginning of 2010, though I would doubt it).

Another issue I came across was being asian. Not only do the chinese only want people from an english-speaking country, they seem to only want whites (or at least non-asians). To them, the image they have of "foreigners" and english-speakers are white people. I'm not sure how they feel towards blacks. I was told I looked too "chinese" and thus my application was discarded (I am of asian descent but not of chinese descent).

Now, I don't know if you as the owner of the place, you'd be able to get people who aren't holders of a passport of one of the english-speaking countries or those who are of asian descent a work visa to work for you or not. It does't really matter. I'm sure there are enough whites from english-speaking countries that you wouldn't need to bother with those types of cases.

Anyway, could have interested me (I did teach english during a winter camp to children for 2 weeks in South Korea), but I don't have a teaching certification. And I'm asian. And I don't have a passport from an english-speaking country. But I think it's a good thing that you are searching for people here. I think it's really cool and I'd definitely have wanted to try if I were eligible.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Hello there, thanks.

Unfortunately the visa rule hasn't changed, if any it is more strict. A lot of my non-native friends got denied and have to leave. The requirements I put down are the absolute minimal of getting a work visa. Your concern is correct, race however is never a concern of mine. Government rules on the other hand is out of my ability, unless you hold a native speaking country passport (UK, US, AU, NZ, CA etc.) there is nothing I can do, the law is the law.
    It is what it is

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    hi there,

You mentioned "3. Teaching certification.
" in your post, what kind of certification do you mean here?

Thanks,
    John

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Wonder if I could apply for this job as a native Mandarin speaker holding a foreign passport from a English speaking country? I did teach kids and young adults English when I was at uni in China.
    My family would love the idea of me moving back and being 'closer' to them~

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Requirements

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nlmtd View Post
    hi there,

You mentioned "3. Teaching certification.
" in your post, what kind of certification do you mean here?

Thanks,
    John
    Yes, what type of teaching certification are you looking for ?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Hi John, either one of these three is ok: TEFL, CELTA, TESOL.
    It is what it is

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jethrojr View Post
    Yes, what type of teaching certification are you looking for ?
    Hey Jethrojr,

Either one of these three is fine: TEFL, CELTA, TESOL
    It is what it is