Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 11

How to backup uTorrents configuration informations when windows reinstalled needed!

0 Not allowed!
    Recently my windows crashed much often. I think some software compatible problems caused my windows crash, but I can't figure out which software caused and I gave it up, So I want to reinstall my windows. But How can I backup utorrent configuration information, especially the torrents information which I have downloaded, seeded etc. So after I reinstall my windows I can use my backup utorrent configurations to overwrite it, so I still could know which torrents I have downloaded. Hope I express myself clearly. And thanks in advance.
    I use uTorrent3.3.2 and use install uTorrent under C driver, if it could help.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!
    It's easy just backup the uTorrent folder in User/Appdata/Roaming - User is your user name. You might have to unhide the appdata folder. Use folder options and check show protected operating system files.
    Last edited by willboy; 11th April 2014 at 01:46.
    Today is Lost;
    Tomorrow is Love;
    Life is Ours

Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,297
    Given: 14,116

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to reply to his thread and gave up.

The answer really depends on whether or not you are:

1. going for a clean install (it is known as "custom"), ie, wipe the disk and reload everything - in which case you will have plenty to worry about, not just utorrent, or
    2: going to reinstall over your current installation.

Depending on what type of Windows installation disk you have, you may not be given the option to reinstall or "upgrade" over an existing installation - OEM disks may force you into a clean reinstall. I am being cautious, as I always do a clean install (because unless you do that, you may not get rid of the current problems affecting your setup).

If you are used to reinstalling Windows 7, you will know which option you are using. Here is some help on this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...#1TC=windows-7.

Either way...

For

1: (clean install/custom) you should ensure everything is backed up, including the uTorrent system/programme folder. When you have reinstalled Windows, copy the uTorrent system folder that Will mentions to the right location in your user folder. Reinstall utorrent over it. NB: You would also have had to backup the uTorrent download folder (with all the videos in it), and copy that back to the right place too. If either of these folders is put back in the wrong place, utorrent will be overwritten with new settings, or will not find the videos.

2: (upgrade/install over existing installation) leave everything as it is. You will have to reinstall utorrent after the "upgrade" (NB: this assumes that you have not created/changed the username as part of the upgrade process). It should reinstall in the same place assuming you are using the same username, and it will pick up the settings. Doing this may not sort out the issues you are having with the current setup.

When I reinstall Windows using a clean install, I copy all the contents of my program file folders (x86 and x64) and the appdata folders from my username (and some others from there too) to an external disk/usb stick. Before reinstalling certain software, copy the relevant program file folder to the correct location, and the relevant application appdata folder to the correct location. Then (usually) reinstall the software from the installation file (that I always have backed up). That way the last settings you used should be picked up when you reinstall on the new Windows installation. It is still wise to have backed everything up in case something goes wrong...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!
    Once you have reinstalled your O/S and reinstalled utorrent, just copy your saved folder over the exiting folder in appdata/roaming replacing all the files and your utorrent will be right back to where it was, even all your torrents will be back right where you left them.
    Today is Lost;
    Tomorrow is Love;
    Life is Ours