Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    is legal in Turkey

Absent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,179
    Given: 31,216

1 Not allowed!
    It is legal in Oz but same-sex marriages still aren't legally recognised. For one of the worlds most progressive countries it is a bit of a disgrace really.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,665
    Given: 3,217

2 Not allowed!
    well just think, you could come to NZ and get married

Absent
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark0159 View Post
    well just think, you could come to NZ and get married
    Indeed we could and you could be my bridesmaid.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    do I get to wear a pink frilly dress

Absent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark0159 View Post
    do I get to wear a pink frilly dress
    If you must but to be honest dear I don't think you have the hips for frills.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    alas no I don't and not to worried about having the hips. Plus I don't want to look like a fat man in pink frilly dress. there are some things in this world that should not been seen by anyone and that's one of them.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by embermoon View Post
    is legal in Turkey
    You can have sex but you can't marry, also you can be beaten or sth like that so the situation doesn't seem so bright, there are so many narrow-minded people in here. Some people thinks that lesbian sex is hot and they fantasize it but they think gay sex is disgusting

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Have a look at http://equaldex.com/

lenn73

0 Not allowed!
    Here in Belgium being gay is totally legal. Even gay marriage is approved since 2003. But that doesn't mean that there aren't any gay haters... Sad that some people still can't accept it!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 673
    Given: 650

0 Not allowed!
    Not in the Bahamas it isn't....its tolerated by a slim minority but most likely won't ever be legal...
    It is however tolerated in a greater sense for touristic purposes only :P

EDIT:
    Correcting myself....it is legal to be gay here but marriage is highly unlikely to happen
    Apparently legal hetero sex age if consent is 16 and same sex is 18....
    Last edited by SilverCrescent25; 8th October 2014 at 03:49. Reason: Correction

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    you can be openly gay but same sex marriage is not legal. in some parts of our country especially that is islam territory. they dont like or they despise homosexuality. cross dressing is not even allowed.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 110

0 Not allowed!
    Yes we are legal.
    We have civil registration for same sex couples, we can be a cohabiting couple (if you live with your partner for 5 years you get legal rights).
    We are protected under law against discrimination and lgbt violence is rare and frowned upon.

A shocking change. Homosexuality was decriminalized in 1993 (I was alive then, I was illegal at the time lol) but was not accepted for a decade after. The past 21 years has seen perhaps the biggest shift in attitudes in regards to lgbt rights/recognition/issues in the world. We used to be so bad but now we are one of the better countries.

We will be having a referendum next year on gay marriage which has majority support. The problem for us is that so many people support gay marriage that people will assume it is a sure thing and will not bother voting. Hence the minority who hate gays may narrowly win. This happened in another referendum but on a different issue.

We went from being more homophobic than the USA to more accepting in twenty one years!!
    Last edited by waterclock; 19th October 2014 at 17:25.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 110

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonong89 View Post
    It's not legal here in Singapore per se, as male-male sex is outlawed in the country. They do not actively enforce it, however, there have been cases of our community being charged for gay sex.

Ironically, we're considered a developed country by the UN
    That is unfortunately a common tactic by a lot of countries. Actively not enforcing homophobic laws but keeping them in the books. It is the same with other laws too.
    Keeping it in the books allows them to appeal and satisfy conservatives while not actually enforcing the laws keeps the moderates happy while the liberals and the lgbt community are left empty handed.

It was like this in my country, homosexual acts were illegal but rarely enforced. It changed but we were dragged by the ECHR into doing it.
    I am sorry, I hope it gets better.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 77

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, absolutely.
    Being gay is legal in Greece since the 1960's (rather early for Europe).
    But that doesn't mean that the situation is ideal for LGBT people in my country, there are cases of attacks against gays, especially in rural areas. Mostly bullying, nothing very serious (like e.g. a murder) was reported so far, but still alarming.

Since the 60's LGBT people had to wait for 55 years for civil partnerships to be legalized.
    This happened in December 2015. With an overwhelming majority in our parliament (almost 2/3 of the MPs voted in favor).
    The vote made me and my bf (and thousand other gays of course) very happy

We are expecting a new bill about gender identity issues to be introduced into the Greek parliament for a vote this summer. This will be very helpful for the trans/intersex citizens of Greece.

Same-sex marriage has not been discussed yet, but the government has promised to consider the subject in the future.
    Last edited by fukos2007; 16th July 2017 at 05:41.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,793
    Given: 329

0 Not allowed!
    NO it is not , when found out that you are a "gay" in Australia
    you are taken to the gay processing plant where you are placed in a dirty red jacket and have to wear a bucket on your head for the rest of your life

if you are into sport , you are allowed to wear a KFC bucket at the venue

466895133.jpg
    أحب أخوك ، الله ليس الدين ، والله هو تحية حارة
    אהוב את אחיך, אלוהים הוא לא דת, אלוהים הוא חיוך חם
    Kardeşini sev, Tanrı din değil, Tanrı sıcak bir gülüştür
    Love your brother, God is not religion, God is a warm smile

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,520
    Given: 810

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crymeseen View Post
    NO it is not , when found out that you are a "gay" in Australia
    you are placed in a dirty red jacket and have to wear a bucket on your head for the rest of your life

]if you are into sport , you are allowed to wear a KFC bucket at the venue
    But I always dress like that. I thought everyone did. Of course I can't see them through the bucket but I just assumed....
    Last edited by Irrumator; 16th July 2017 at 14:11. Reason: fixed quote
    Find out just what people will quietly submit to, and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,961
    Given: 602

0 Not allowed!
    Yes it is. However gay marriage is a far off dream now and people's conservative values have yet to progress.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,905
    Given: 2,613

2 Not allowed!
    Here in Canada, never lived anywhere else. I don't think I could really, unless he was so hot, rich, hung, and other unrealistic expectations abound. But, in reality, I can be as relaxed with my sexuality as much as I'd like, but it is easier in larger populations - big urban centres. If you're sensitive to body language and eye-contact of people who might not appreciate your sexual orientation, then you're going to spot that rather quickly. Anything about a person that is different to another will always draw this sort of body language. I am dark skinned, and gay, but I'm good looking and this does help heaps. When I enter a situation that could go awry, I can jump in with some ultra extroverted flair, and not necessarily come across as gay but a mixture of metro-sexual and (in white circles) a "foreigner with cultural liberal backgrounds" - at least that's what they see it as. Other times, I can be very severe and uncomfortable in a group and I then come across as unfriendly and foreboding. My colour and sexual identity do take an emotional toll on me when I go out into non-gay spaces. It is perfectly legal to be married, either a formal gay marriage, or common-law. But my partner and I opted for common-law. Each relationship is probably uniquely tuned to the community and extended family that orbit each person or couple. And each couple within their culture will act uniquely. I have been verbally assaulted on my way to a gay bar, but it was the only bar in a smaller city, and I flipped them the bird as they drove by and grabbed my crotch in their direction.

To be brief, no matter if your country is yay or nay for homosexuality, sexual education is pretty limited on most people in any size of population. Add religion and misinformation and the adage" bad news travels fast" and you get cultures that we currently endure. To complicate that which is already very complex, each community and province or state within a country or territory is also going to be different. In some ways, the variations are much like that of uniqueness of snowflakes.
    lets face it, living your life to please people is a losing game. I no longer try because no matter who you are trying to please you are going to offend someone else. Thus I wear what I want to. Screw fashion - baddog19136

Thumbs Up
    Received: 673
    Given: 650

0 Not allowed!
    Yes and no in the Bahamas....
    Most LGBT visitors will be met with smiles and pleasantries, but usually their own get ostracized to an extent due to mostly religious reasonings.
    LGBT is cute when it benefits a cause (mostly during political season) and to fire and brimstone when not.
    Its considered a family oriented nation meaning whatever you do, doesn't reflect on you but on your own kin.
    Weirdly enough, the island nation would probably be one of the last countries in the world to legalize same sex marriage.
    They do have somewhat, a protective legislation in place for offenses dealing with LGBT prejudices though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast