Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Gay Sex in Trinidad and Tobago

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys I live in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. The Caribbean is still homophobic society and gay as called sort or rude and degrading name.
    While Trinidad is not as bad as some of the other islands like Jamaica, gay as still frown upon. Most people stay in the closet due to family pressure, religion and fear of oppression at work or school.
    An to answer the question at hand, gay sex is still illegal as we still have sodomy laws in our law books.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    well , thats wat i think of it really here i can be myself and i love it and ya i would love 2 meet someone here from egypt , middle east that would be lovely

Thumbs Up

thnx

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jinger View Post
    It's great to have you here guys
    thnx

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Here in blighty, uk, we,re nearly sorted with civil partnerships,recognised under law, any sex outside except snogging and feeling up is not a good idia,comes under indecency in public,weather straight or gay!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    In Romania it's barely legal to be gay. The law against gay people was abolished some time around 2000 or 2001 and here gay people still face prejudice, bashing and all kind of stuff from narrow minded people. However, I find interesting that while in Bucharest there are once-a-year gay parades (since 2003 or 2004), people still don't want to do anything about gay issues. Even in politics, there was a law which defined the marriage as a union between two persons and when they noticed it, they changed it to "a union between a man and a woman". This happened several years ago (I don't remember exactly which year, I think 2005). Such a great time for progress, isn't it?

However, Romanian politicians can be pressured with some fines to change some homophobic laws. The fines from EU are expensive enough to determine them think twice about this issue. So I'm still hoping for some progress, although the practical reality might be different. You don't get arrested for being gay, but you can be harassed by police men if they notice you are cuddling with your boyfriend in a park, while a straight couple is doing sex in public right nearby. It happened to someone and he wrote that on his blog. I think it was 2008. Such a great time for democracy!

I think gay Romanian people have to wait at least 10 years until they can get a marriage certificate... legally. Here are marriage certificates, licences are for driving only.
    Last edited by Queeditch; 18th December 2011 at 23:33.
    Death is just a part of Life.

klaas

Smile

1 Not allowed!
    In my country ( The Netherlands) it is legal to be gay and we have the same rights as straight people,
    I have been married now with my guy for over 12 and a half years and i still love him like it was yesterday.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 198

0 Not allowed!
    As of two years ago, it was legalized in India.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 553

0 Not allowed!
    Not only is being gay legal in Spain, but also it is one of the few countries in the world which has legalized gay marriages and adoptions (since 2005).

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
    It's legal to be gay but not to marry. You can also adopt children as a single parent but without revealing your sexuality.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Of course it's legal to be gay in Poland but the government does not officially recognize gay relationships. By that I mean there is no gay marriage (in fact it is written in the Constitution that marriage is between a man and a woman) and no civil unions for homosexuals. Currently there is a debate in the Polish parliament about whether to introduce some kind of a domestic partnership for gays, with limited rights, though we still wait for a bill that could muster enough votes to be passed. As far as adoption is concerned, it is foreclosed for gay couples (as a couple) because only relationships that have the status of marriage can adopt a child (as I noted before, gay people cannot marry in Poland). It is possible (though more in theory I would guess) to adopt as a single individual in which case the law does not discriminate because of one's sexual orientation, but I very much doubt that an openly gay person would be granted an adoption. All in all, the society in Poland is slowly evolving but it has a looooong way to go to catch up with Western European standards. Unfortunately, the political class is even more conservative and I don't see the situation changing in the short or medium term.

Parked Account
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangus View Post
    the political class is even more conservative and I don't see the situation changing in the short or medium term.
    Have faith, if all goes well Europe will soon become one nation, and then our old douchebag politicians can go fuck themselves.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jinger View Post
    Have faith, if all goes well Europe will soon become one nation, and then our old douchebag politicians can go fuck themselves.
    Sonner you'll see gay marriage in Poland and in Italy than one European nation - that's my prediction, and not a risky one it is . There are too many differences plus no one really wants that much unity, we find it difficult to cope with what we already have.

Fuzzi99

0 Not allowed!
    In New Zealand it's legal but we still don't have marriage, couple adoption or the right to donate blood.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    its illegal in my country plus u cant also mention that u r a gay

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    As far as it goes, in Canada it is perfectly legal to be gay and gay marriage, and gay adoption. As far as the people, it really depends on where you live. Some places are more narrow-minded (prairies) while others are more open-minded (B.C., Ontario) etc. I have had problems with my sexual orientation in the past at work, but it usually gets resolved. People usually keep their opinions to themselves if they dislike homosexuals in general but our gay parade and lgbt community is very big.
    I've only lived in Canada for 7 years though. In Bulgaria where I used to live, you have to be extremely careful who you even consider telling about your preference as a lot of people bash, and could even assault. Families are usually very conservative and against it (even my own) and as far as laws go, it isn't illegal to be gay, but don't expect the law to protect you when someone assaults you because of your preference. Last year the capital of Bulgaria, Sofia, had a gay parade and there were more police officers than actual people at the parade and protests against the parade.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    We were married in Canada, and now live in Bangkok Thailand. It is illegal here.
    MarkmBha

Sholanda

0 Not allowed!
    In Norway gays are legally completely equal to anyone else, except, as in Sweden, we can't donate blood. Though we're working on that.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 776

0 Not allowed!
    In France, it's legal, marriage and adoption are on the way (next year it should be done). should have blodd donation permited also but that could be a wishful thinking of me now the government changed.

I just don't know if people will listen. I guess no one's gonna listen if I don't talk. So now, i'm talking.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!
    I live in Africa but I come from Portugal, where gay marriage is now legal.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    It is legal in Nicaragua now, but it was not until 2008. I don't feel too much of a difference anyway... I'm 29 and I've been going to gay clubs since I was 16.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast