Thread: A Warning

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,433
    Given: 746

A Warning

7 Not allowed!
    I had an incident on Sunday that woke me up to a danger I had hitherto not known. I was disengaging a propane tank from my propane stove when the valve in the tank failed to close and the gas started to spew out uncontrolled into the air. Fortunately I was outside and not near any ignition sources. Had this happened indoors I am sure my house would no longer be standing.
    I will never remove a propane tank from even a torch attachment inside the house ever again. The danger of explosion is real. I will take the tank and whatever it is attached to outside and disconnect there. I was lucky. I may not be so next time.
    Find out just what people will quietly submit to, and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 146

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by baddog19136 View Post
    I had an incident on Sunday that woke me up to a danger I had hitherto not known. I was disengaging a propane tank from my propane stove when the valve in the tank failed to close and the gas started to spew out uncontrolled into the air. Fortunately I was outside and not near any ignition sources. Had this happened indoors I am sure my house would no longer be standing.
    I will never remove a propane tank from even a torch attachment inside the house ever again. The danger of explosion is real. I will take the tank and whatever it is attached to outside and disconnect there. I was lucky. I may not be so next time.
    "when the valve in the tank failed to close"

Are you sure the valve failed on it's own or you didn't close the valve above the gas cylinder? If the valve was already leaking whether it was closed or open or connected to the stove or not, then you should have smelled it and known. I sense carelessness on your part. Be honest and be open. Admit it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,433
    Given: 746

0 Not allowed!
    Um, you really need to rethink yourself. The valve, as in the needle valve inside the tank, stuck open when I removed the hose. This is not carelessness. this is a smaller propane bottle, not a larger tank. It has no "valve above the cylinder". Wow, do you just look for shit to start? It is a warning. Take it for what it is worth and don't be an ass. If I did anything wrong it was to use an older propane bottle that had been sitting around in my basement.
    Find out just what people will quietly submit to, and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

Thumbs Up
    Received: 637
    Given: 680

2 Not allowed!
    I had used an older propane tank to work on a small soldering project but when I removed the nozel, the built-in pin valve failed to close. I put the tank in the garden and let it "fart" the rest of itself quietly. When it was sufficiently empty, I disposed of it.

And, yeah, if you flipped a light switch,or had the thermostat in the refrigerator click over, any small spark ( and depending on how saturated the space would be ) could go boom with propane. Glad you're still around today to share
    Fisting is the closest a man can get to experiencing child birth !

http://rdrct.com/http://beta2.darkth...26N30362T30294
    and http://rdrct.com/http://www.darkthro...F9OF1OF9OA3OC2 100,000 + good boy now